In the midst of the COVID-19 Pandemic, we are coming together in Prayer.
As the Church we are called to become like Jesus by embodying the hope he provides. So we’re calling our community to come together and pray around the clock from March 18th to Easter. We are convinced prayer is a powerful tool that enables us to partner with God’s work in the world. We want to pray specifically against the impact and spread of Coronavirus, that the Gospel would shine through in this time, and that we would embody and extend the hope of Jesus. Together we can partner with God and see the Church revived and the world restored.
If you’d like to pray with us, would you sign up for a 30-minute prayer time? What better way to fill your space and time in the midst of social distancing. Social distancing does not have to be spiritual distancing! When you sign up you will receive reminders to pray and resources to guide your prayer time as you join in with others in your church as we pray together! You can also find the guide by clicking here.
For me, these times have quickly become my foundation. Signing up for a time to pray does two things. Very practically, it gives me a conviction that I need to because I signed up and said I would. Spiritually, it allows me to silence all the noise flooding in from the world around me (social media, news, neighbors, family) and spend time speaking and listening to the God who is seated on the throne of the universe!
Will you commit to praying with us?
Prayer & Crisis Care
Perhaps you’re in need of prayer for this pandemic or any other reason.
We’d like to pray for you!
Please sign up by filling out this form if you need prayer.
Some of you are prayer warriors. Or maybe you don’t consider yourself one but would like to pray for those in need. If so, sign up here to join our prayer team.
This social distancing, quarantine, and stay-at-home orders have perhaps brought up a need that you have. If there’s any way the church can come alongside you in this season, please let us know. Others of you have been directly affected and are in the midst of a crisis.
No need is too small. Please fill out this form if you’re in need of care.
Similarly to the Prayer Team, many of you would like to be on the front lines, helping those who are in crisis or general need. If you’d like to help and be a part of the Crisis Care Team, sign up here.
Facebook Live Prayer @8pm (EST)
One of the ways we have been coming together as the church in the midst of social distancing is through a set time each night to pray together.
This 30 minute window each evening has become such a blessing in the lives of all who have joined in.
Speaking for myself, I’ve never had a consistent nightly rhythm of spending time in the word or prayer, and this has quickly become a key part of my day. It’s sort of embarassing when the people of God begin practicing the things God calls us in to, and we finally experience the fruit of right living!
Scripture is FULL of calls to prayer.
- 2 Chronicles 7:14 “… if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.”
- Jeremiah 33:3 “Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.”
- Philippians 4:6 “Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.”
- 1 John 5:14 “This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us.”
- or the parables of Jesus about praying: with boldness – Luke 11:5-10, with persistence – Luke 18:1-8, with humility – Luke 18:9-14
To join in, go to our Facebook Page, like the page, and hop on about 10 minutes to 8pm (EST) to join when we go live.
Perhaps you’re new to prayer, just getting your feet wet. Or you’re experienced but would like to learn more about prayer. Here’s a few resources I’ve found helpful throughout my time as a follower of Jesus and Prayer.
- Prayer: Experiencing Awe and Intimacy with God – Tim Keller
- Sacred Rhythms: Arranging Our Lives for Spiritual Transformation – Ruth Hayley Barton
- Celebration of Discipline – Richard Foster
- Hearing God – Dallas Willard
- The Listening Life: Embracing Attentiveness in a World of Distraction – Adam McHugh
- Lead Me, Holy Spirit: Longing to Hear the Voice of God – Stormie Omartian